Little House in the City

Little House in the City

Thursday, January 6, 2011

...And off we go!

Ahh.  The holidays are behind us.

Which is not to say that I don't love them.  I do.  All of the time with family, the gift-giving and joking, the meals and conversations around the table--this is a precious time when I can be a version of me that I don't get to be with anyone else. 

New Year's parties are the trend at our place lately, as new babies shuffle party-hosting around our circle of friends, and this year, we had incredibly warm weather and a fire in the backyard.  Much revelry, with the beautiful luxury of a New Year's Day spent in pajamas, eating fabulous party leftovers.  Gluttony.  Sloth.  This is how we roll as the new year dawns.


SO.  Christmas.  (Check.) 

New Year's.  (Check.)

Paper sadistically due 1/3/11.  (Check.)

Today, I can breathe a little.  Pay bills.  Wash dishes.  Catch up on long-neglected email.  Give the houseplants a shower.  Do laundry.  Attempt a chicken photo shoot and start scrounging the wood pile for nest box material.  Brrr.  Putter.  Brrr.  Start thinking ahead to cooking dinner with the post-holiday shrapnel left in my cupboards....

I am excited for the year to come.  It is still a venture into the unknown, but now I can start dreaming of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment