Little House in the City

Little House in the City

Monday, August 23, 2010

Pages

Hello, hello.  Just a quick update:

I've added some background business in the "Pages" section to the right...just a little info on me & our place with another page still to come regarding the wherefore of this whole urban homesteading experiment and blog.  I also need to go back through and tag some stuff (the blog learning curve continues), so thanks for bearing with me.  Feel free to share my blog with anyone you might think would have an interest, and if you'd like, become a "follower" or subscribe via email.  Let me know what you think--I am having fun learning as I go & would treasure input.

I also promise to quit typing primarily about chickens!  The girls are quite a distraction, but as they get a bit bigger they are more able to be ignored (now I just have to summon the willpower to stop hanging over the pen.)

As I wait for a glitch in unemployment bureaucracy to unravel itself, we are also on a fairly tight budget, and so I have to temper some of my project ambitions with some patience.  I did, however, successfully complete my first Craigslist transaction last week and am now the excited owner of four large food-grade plastic barrels that are going to become rain barrels and possibly a solar-hot-water reservoir for a very bare-bones outdoor shower.   They were $10 each, and I met a kindred spirit in the process.  Good stuff.  Now, to learn the intricacies of spigots, caulking, and altering downspouts...!

No comments:

Post a Comment